DOWNLOAD SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PACKAGE HERE: SYEP APPLICATION PACKAGE -2020 EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO: OCWNY@OSWEGOCOUNTY.COM
ABOUT YOUNG ADULT WORKERS
Empowering our Young Adult Workers for success
The purpose of young adult worker services in Oswego County is to provide information to eligible youth on the array of services available through the One-Stop Center and the local community; to provide appropriate referrals and services to meet their needs; and to enable them to achieve academic and employment success.
Eligible participants will receive an objective assessment to examine academic and occupational skill levels and individual service needs. An individual service plan that identifies a career goal incorporating the assessment results will be completed for each participant.
Services are designed to help low-income youth ages 16-24:
- Improve education and skill competencies
- Develop education and employment goals
- Make the connection between school and work
- Provide effective links to the labor market
- Help participants complete high school graduation
- Help participants obtain high school equivalency diploma for those who have dropped out
- Help participants obtain employment
- Help participants enter post-secondary education (college or vocational training)
- 16-24 years old
- US Citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
- Low income based on federal guidelines
- Possess one or more barriers to employment
ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS / RESOURCES
A referral for Youth Services may be made by contacting the One-Stop Center at:
Up to 13 weeks of paid work experience to improve work readiness and gain character references
Help with up to two years of post-secondary education to earn credentials (e.g. certificates, licenses) to improve job prospects in the local economy.
Professional training to help you earn a NYS driver’s license.
Help with meeting employment and training needs (e.g. work clothing, document replacement fees)
12 months of access to an experienced, knowledgeable, caring adult who will act as your guide to address employment and training needs, improve personal problem-solving skills, maximize personal strengths, and help you progress to greater social and economic self sufficiency
An opportunity to earn rewards for employment and training achievements
CONTACT YOUNG ADULT WORKERS
YOUNG ADULT WORKERS
200 North Second Street
Fulton, New York 13069
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
And by appointment